The NCDHM poster contest is a great way to conclude
February’s oral health lesson. By having students draw posters
reflecting what they learned during NCDHM, the message of how important
dental health is to overall health will be reinforced. Contest information and deadlines will be announced at the beginning of the new year.
- Custom-framed poster
- Prizes presented by a PDA representative at a school assembly
- The first-place winner's school and teacher each receive $250
How to Enter
Teachers should select only one classroom winner and mail the winning entry to:
PDA, attn: NCDHM, 3501 N. Front Street, Harrisburg, PA 17110.
- Poster topic must represent dental-health or
- Paper must be no larger than 8.5
inches by 11 inches.
- No computer-generated art will be
- Only third-grade students are eligible to enter. One
entry per student is allowed. (Special education students up to age 12
may enter the contest.)
- PDA must receive entries no later
than the specified deadline.
- All posters become the property of
PDA once they have been submitted.
- PDA employees’ and
members’ immediate families are not
- Teachers should clearly print the student’s
name, age and home address, their own name, the school’s name
address, county and phone number on the back of the
Posters will be judged on
dental health or hygiene theme, creativity and neatness. Please
discourage students from tracing and using trademarks like Crest,
Colgate, Oral-B, and characters like SpongeBob SquarePants,