Philadelphia County Dental Society & Pennsylvania Dental Association present:
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. -- Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting for Dental Professionals (Act 31) with Opioids and Pain Management Alternatives (Act 124) and Antibiotic Stewardship
Presented by Angela M. Stout, DMD, MPH, a pediatric dentist in private practice in Erdenheim, PA, and Richard L. Wynn, PhD, a professor of Pharmacology at the University of Maryland School of Dentistry in Baltimore.
Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting for Dental Professionals will fulfill the Act 31 CE requirement for dentists, hygienists and EFDAs renewing a dental license in March 2023. Attendees may register to attend just the Act 31 course or register for the full day of CE that includes Opioids and Pain Management Alternatives and Antibiotic Stewardship. The opioids course will fulfill the Act 124 CE requirement for dentists with a DEA registration or who use a DEA registration as allowed by law. The course describes the role dental practitioners play in preventing prescription drug abuse and addiction. The day of CE concludes with an examination of bacterial resistance to antibiotics; new antibiotic discoveries and issues with antibiotics to prevent dental bacterial infection and antibiotics to treat odontogenic infections.
||Friday, December 2, 2022
||8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Registration opens at 8:00 a.m.
||Courtyard Marriott Philadelphia City Avenue
|$175 - PCDS Member
$250 - ADA/PDA Member dentist
$95 - Non-dentist dental team employed by PCDS/ADA/PDA Member
$300 - Nonmember dentist
$125 - Non-dentist dental team employed by nonmember
| 6 credit hours recommended for dentists, EFDAs and assistants
Cancellation policy: No refunds on courses purchased as part of the CE package. Refunds for courses purchased individually will be issued less a 10% administrative fee if the registration is cancelled in writing seven days prior to the program you are attending. Refunds are not issued for no shows.
PDA is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider
Full-day course tuition includes lunch and FREE parking.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
PDA designates this activity for 6 (six) continuing education credits.
To register online please follow these steps:
Non-dentist dental team members who are not attending the course with a dentist, PCDS associate members and non-member dentists should email Rebecca to request a registration form.
1. Sign in to the website. Every PDA member dentist has a record. For most dentists, your website default username is your first initial, last name and four-digit year of birth with no spaces, no punctuation. The password is lowercase ada and your ADA number. If you don't remember your username and password, please contact PDA's membership department.
2. Click the Register Myself button. Pricing will be applied based on your member status.
3. To register non-dentist (hygienists, assistants or non-licensed guests) attendees for the course, click +Add a Guest under "My Registration Status:" to add your guest. Click Add to select the program they will attend.
4. Click Proceed to Checkout to review your order and enter your credit card information.
- If you have previously attended a PDA program with a non-dentist guest, that person may appear as an existing contact. If the Select an existing contact option appears and the correct guest's name is displayed when clicking in the box, please select his or her name. If a unique email address is not listed for this guest, please add it. Click Save & Close.
- If the Select an existing contact option does not appear, please enter the name of the guest, his or her designation (RDH, EFDA) and a unique email address; click Save & Close.
- Repeat the process until all guests are registered.
- Please note: if the same email address is used for all registrants, only one "reminder to attend" email will be sent.
5. Click Submit Order to complete your registration. You will receive a confirmation email.
Please contact Rebecca Von Nieda at (717) 234-5941, ext. 117 with any questions about the meeting or online registration.