Live Virtual Course:
Radiation Safety for Pennsylvania Dental Professionals
Presented by Karen Pass, co-founder and principal consultant for inUnison Consulting, LLC, providing OSHA Safety and HIPAA regulatory compliance programs, audit support and implementation assistance for dental, medical and veterinary facilities. Karen has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
The lecture will identify and review the applicable Pennsylvania radiation safety regulations for dental professionals. The refresher training will include discussions on the properties of radiation, its hazards and effects and radiation protection methods and procedures.
Upon completion of the course, the participan will be able to:
- Explain the Pennsylvania radiology regulations governing the training of dental professionals.
- Describe the sources of radiation exposure, biological affects and methods of radiation protection.
- Apply this knowledge of radiation safety to patient imaging.
||Friday, October 23, 2020
10:00 a.m. - Noon
$30 – PDA/ADA member dentist
$100 – Nonmember dentist
$30 – hygienists, EFDAs or non-licensed team members
|2 credit hours appropriate for dentists,
hygienists, EFDAs and assistants.
|October 16, 2020
Cancellation policy: No refunds.
What to expect for this virtual course:
On October 20, attendees will receive an email with the login to participate in the virtual meeting on October 23. Each attendee must watch the program on their own device. Please enter your full name when you sign-in to the virtual course so we can track attendance and award CE credit. If we do not have your name on the attendance report generated after the virtual meeting, you will not receive credit for the course.
To register online please follow these steps:
Non-dentist dental team members who are not attending the course with a dentist should contact Rebecca Von Nieda via email regarding online registration.
1. Sign in to the website. Every dentist has a record. For most dentists, your website default username is your first initial, last name and four-digit year of birth with no spaces. The password is lowercase ada and your ADA number. If you need assistance with your username and password, please contact Andrea via email.
2. Click the Register Myself button. Pricing will be applied based on your member status.
3. To register non-dentist (hygienists, assistants or non-licensed guests) attendees for the course, click +Add a Guest under "My Registration Status:" to add your guest. If you have previously attended a PDA program with a non-dentist guest, that person may appear as an existing contact. Please use unique email addresses for all attendees.
4. Click Proceed to Checkout to review your order and enter your credit card information.
5. Click Submit Order to complete your registration. You will receive a confirmation email.
Pennsylvania Dental Association is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education.
ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
PDA designates this activity for two (2) continuing education credits.