Virtual Child Abuse Act 31 and Pain Management Act 124 Course
Fulfill your CE requirements for the relicensure cycle ending March 2021.
Register now - registration is limited on the virtual platform.
Act 31: Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting for Dental Professionals
Child Abuse Recognition & Reporting is custom designed for dental professionals and is approved by the Department of Human Services and the PA State Board of Dentistry to fulfill the mandatory CE requirements for dentists, hygienists and EFDAs.
Presented by: Angela M. Stout, DMD, MPH, a pediatric dentist in private practice in Erdenehim, PA, and a clinical assistant professor of Pediatric Dentistry at the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine and the Kornberg School of Dentistry at Temple University.
Act 124: Pain Management Alternatives and Identification of Addiction
The lecture to fulfill the Act 124 CE requirement for dentists who have a current DEA registration or use another DEA number (as permitted by law) to prescribe controlled substances will discuss pain management, identification of addiction and the practices of prescribing opioids.
Presented by: E. Steven Moriconi, DMD, FACD, FICD, surgeon-in-chief of the Dental Division at Abington Hospital and the director of the GP Residency Program at Abington Hospital.
||Friday, November 6
||8:30 a.m. - 12:45 p.m. course
|$50 - PDA/ADA member dentist, non-dentist dental team
$150 - Nonmember dentist
| 4 credit hours
| Registration deadline:
|| October 30
Cancellation policy: A refund, less a 10% administrative fee, will be issued if the registration is cancelled in writing seven days prior to the program you are attending. Refunds are not issued for no shows.
Please contact Andrea Castilow, PDA component and membership coordinator, via email with questions about online registration.
What to expect for this virtual course:
Registration is a two-part process. Follow the steps below to register and pay for the course. Beginning on October 22 you will receive an email to pre-register on the GoToWebinar platform. The link to join the webinar will be emailed once you are registered with GoToWebinar. Please note that the emails with the link to join the webinar will come from Mary Donlin (email@example.com).
Each attendee must watch the program on their own device. Please enter your full name when you sign-in to the virtual course so we can track attendance and award CE credit. If we do not have your name on the attendance report generated after the virtual meeting, you will not receive credit for the course. Those who are logged in for the entire course will receive an electronic survey from PDA to provide their full name, license number, date of birth and the last 4 digits of their social security number. PDA will transmit this information to the state to verify that you completed the course. The survey and handouts will be emailed on November 10.
To register online please follow these steps:
Non-dentist dental team members who are not attending the course with a dentist should contact Andrea Castilow via email regarding online registration.
1. Sign in to the website. Every dentist has a record. For most dentists, your website default username is your first initial, last name and four-digit year of birth with no spaces. The password is lowercase ada and your ADA number. If you need assistance with your username and password, please contact Andrea via email.
2. Click the Register Myself button. Pricing will be applied based on your member status.
3. To register non-dentist (hygienists, assistants or non-licensed guests) attendees for the course, click +Add a Guest under "My Registration Status:" to add your guest. If you have previously attended a PDA program with a non-dentist guest, that person may appear as an existing contact. Please use unique email addresses for all attendees.
4. Click Proceed to Checkout to review your order and enter your credit card information.
5. Click Submit Order to complete your registration. You will receive a confirmation email.
Sixth District Dental Society is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider Approved by Pennsylvania Dental Association.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
The Sixth District Dental Society designates this activity for 4 (four) continuing education credits.