Act 124: Pain Management Alternatives and Identification of Addiction
The lecture will fulfill the Act 124 of 2016, CE requirement for dentists who have a current DEA registration or use another DEA number (as permitted by law) to prescribe controlled substances. Pain management, identification of addiction and the practices of prescribing opioids will be discussed.
Upon completion of the course, the participant will:
- Understand the pathology and physiology of pain and addiction.
- Suggest alternative therapies for pain management.
- Assess treatment programs and understand how to refer for treatment.
- Cite the history and politics of opioids.
- Be aware of doctor prescribing habits.
Presented by: E. Steven Moriconi, DMD,
FACD, FICD, who graduated from the University of Pennsylvania School of
Dental Medicine and completed a residency in oral and maxillofacial
surgery at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in
Philadelphia and at the Geisinger Medical Center in Danville. Dr.
Moriconi has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
||Tuesday, May 8
||7-9 p.m., dinner included
||Mountain View Country Club, 100 Elks Club Rd, Boalsburg, PA 16827
|Free - Centre County members*
$100 - PDA member dentist, not Centre County member
$100 - Nonmember dentist
| 2 credit hours
Cancellation policy: A refund, less a 10% administrative fee, will be issued if the registration is cancelled in writing seven days prior to the program you are attending. Refunds are not issued for no shows.
Please contact Andrea Hoover, PDA component and membership coordinator, with questions about online registration.
*Centre County Dental Society members must register directly with the society.
All other dentists, please follow these steps to register:
1. Sign in to the website. Every dentist has a record. For most dentists, your website default username is your first initial, last name and four-digit year of birth with no spaces. The password is lowercase ada and your ADA number. If you don't remember your username and password, please contact Andrea Hoover via email.
2. Click the Register Myself button.
3. Click Proceed to Checkout to review your order and enter your credit card information.
4. Click Submit Order to complete your registration. You will receive a confirmation email.
PDA is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
This continuing education activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the standards of the ADA Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP) through joint efforts between PDA and the Centre County Dental Society.
PDA designates this activity for two (2) continuing education credits.
Joint sponsorship does not imply endorsement by the Pennsylvania Dental Association of course content, products or therapies presented.